We are looking for a new Fundraiser to join the team. This is an opportunity to work with one of the UK’s most dynamic young classical music organisations. Performing in car parks around the UK, we won a 2015 Royal Philharmonic Society Award for an outstanding initiative to widen access to classical music and have given acclaimed performances as part of the BBC Proms.
It is an exciting time in our development. We are building our programme in and beyond London, and in order to do this we are looking for a new Fundraiser to join the team. This new role will be responsible for managing our individual giving scheme and supporting Trust and Foundation grant applications, working with Artistic Director Kate Whitley.
We are looking for a creative, collaborative person who understand the challenges and opportunities of working in a small organisation and who is passionate about widening access to the arts.
Job title: Fundraiser
Reports to: Artistic Director Kate Whitley
Contract: Part time, 3 days a week. 12 months with intention to extend
Start date: As soon as possible after appointment
Salary: £24,000-£26,000 pro rata
Location: Multi-Story does not currently have an office –this role would be home based but the team meets regularly in London. Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends during the summer would be needed.
Closing Date for applications: 15th October 6pm deadline
Interviews: 19th October interviews
Application: Please send covering letter and CV (including details of two referees) to Kate Whitley at email@example.com
· Managing the Multi-Story Membership Scheme and being main point of contact for all Members
· Growing the Multi-Story Membership Scheme through digital marketing, social media, regular newsletters, printed materials, and at events
· Delivering crowdfunding / individual giving campaigns
Trusts and Foundations
· Writing small trusts and foundation applications from our case for support, working closely with Artistic Director Kate Whitley
· Managing the Trusts & Foundations database and researching prospects
· Supporting Kate Whitley on major grant applications
· Exploring other potential income streams as appropriate
· Acting as ambassador for The Orchestra’s work
· Contribute to Multi-Story’s fundraising strategy, working with the Fundraising Committee
· Previous fundraising experience in Trust and Foundation grant raising and/or individual giving, in the arts, education or third sector
· Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
· Interest in classical music and in widening access to the art form
· Experience of managing a varied workload and delivering independent work
· Confidence on social media and a good eye for design